Sunday, May 09, 2010

Bookmark created by my Son




As April approaches you know I'm preparing for the goody bag as its my kids Birthdays. I started this bookmark project and we suddenly we had to move to a different house. So instead of stopping and not doing anything as I had to pack for our move, I decided to involve my Son into getting to do bookmark for his school friends.

Very simple to make it, buy the bookmark (plain red color) from Micheal's craft store. I had these beads stickers which I asked him to stick. Then for the center, we had bought some stickers during valentines day time, so we used those and pasted them in the center.

Punched a whole on the center top, and tied a blue ribbon was the only thing done by me. We left the behind blank so that his friends can personalize them the way they want to !!

My son is 6 years old and they keep reading a lot of books both from school and public library. Hence I decided to do this so that all the kids at that age are into reading and excited about reading or getting books from library both at school and public library.

My son loved doing this project even though we had to about 30 of them. I had fun watching him do this project with a very little guidance from me.

For more information on my bookmark projects refer to my previous posts "Embroidery bookmark" and one I did for his school teacher "A Bookmark- paper embroidary and Quilling ".

No comments: