Sunday, February 25, 2007

Embroidary BookMark



Initiated this project with the interest of expanding my Embroidery skills from cloth to paper to make something useful for my son’s teachers 2006 christmas gifts.

Well the effort and time is very minimal compared to their dedication, patience, efforts put to make my son’s day happy and memorable at school.

Purchased the supplies and design online , pre-pricked the embroidery design with a special piercing tool and pricking pad. Completed the embroidery and came up with my own ideas to finish it off with red ribbon for border, and glued some blue heart beads for the flower for the Front and beautified the back of the bookmark personalizing each teachers name and 2 teacher quotes as a part of inspiration for them .


This gives me a sense of satisfaction and happiness when I can make something personally for each of to appreciate their work.

All my efforts were worth it and rewarded when all the teachers loved it and were very surprised that I actually tried this out for the first time specially for them.


No comments: